Stage 1: Defining a new language in the theme settings
- Go to Appearance
- Click on Customize
- Select Pinedrop Transcripts
- Add a new entry to the Transcript tiers field, making sure it has ts_content_ at the beginning, e.g. ts_content_testlanguage|Test Language
- The value before | is the TIER_LABEL, and the value after is the TIER_NAME. The TIER_NAME should be the name of the language.
- Put the new entry before ts_content_morph|Morphemes, making sure to follow it with a comma and optional space (not a newline), which is used to delimit the entries.
- Click Publish to save your changes.
Stage 2: Defining a new language in the Language taxonomy
- Go to Summaries > Languages
- Enter language name (e.g. Test Language) and slug (e.g. test-language). A slug is a machine readable name used in links. The language name that you use has to match the TIER_NAME in Stage 1 exactly.
- Click Add new language
Stage 2: Adding text that will appear on the language page for this new language
- Go to Summaries > Add new
- Click Add new
- Add the language name at the top of the page
- Enter the summary text on the main box. This is the prose box that contains the map and the detailed information about the language in question.
- In the right hand navigation bar, ensure that the language name is checked.
Stage 3: Add a map for the new language
- Click on Add Map
- Click on + add marker map
- Enter the language name in the Marker name field
- Enter the coordinates in the coordinate boxes
Width: 640px, Height 480px
- Set Zoom to 6
- Set layer to Siberian Languages (ID1)
- Set control box to collapsed
- Set Display panel to check
- Select black pin from the choices of pins
- Add prose to the popup text field, the language name should be in bold.
- Set open popup to check
Stage 4: Adding the summary that appears on the home page
- Enter the text that should appear on the homepage in the exert box.
- Make sure that the text has the same number of lines as the existing languages one published.
Stage 5: Adding an image for the home page
- Go to Featured Image in the right hand navigation bar
- Select the image you wish to use from the the media library. If the image you want to use is not already there, you need to add it to the media library (Go to Media in the left hand navigation pane)
Stage 6: Add the new language to the top menu bar
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Click on Custom links on the left hand menu
- Enter the link text (this should be the language name, e.g. Test Language)
- Enter the URL for the new language – the last part should be identical to the slug you defined in Summaries > Language, e.g. :
- Click on Add to Menu
- Drag the new link to the correct position in the header menu
- Click Save menu